13. OVERHEAD LINE EXTENSIONS
- There will be a Base Charge of $325.00 (three hundred twenty-five dollars) for a service drop or a
relocation of a service drop.
- If customer has paid a $325.00 (three hundred twenty-five dollar) Temporary Service Fee, the Base Charge under this policy will be waived for the initial service drop.
- If a service pole(s) are required, an additional charge of $275.00 (two hundred seventy-five dollars) for each pole and $175.00 (one hundred seventy-five dollars)
for each anchor will be paid by the customer.
All right-of-way easements must be obtained in writing by the customer requesting service. No payment will be made for easements for distribution lines, whether overhead or underground.
The customer will be responsible for clearing right-of-way for all line extensions.
The right of-way must be cleared to Distributor specifications. The right-of-way may be
pushed by a dozer or by cutting. If the right-of-way is cut, it must be cut to within 2
inches of the ground to enable maintenance of the right-of-way. (MOVED)
Primary line construction will only be made along a county road or driveway that, in the opinion of a representative of Benton County Electric System, is adequate to give accessibility to line trucks and other Electric System vehicles.
Any private road (not maintained by the county) shall be gravel and able to navigably support a Benton County Electric System utility vehicle at a minimum.
Benton County Electric System will not connect any service unless it passes a State of TN Electrical Inspector’s Service Release and/or Final as required. Benton County Electric System will disconnect power if any of the conditions below are met by order of the State Fire Marshall’s Office:
- Service Release (45 Days) expiration
- Failed Final Expired (30 Days)
All Overhead services require a minimum of 16’ (sixteen-foot clearance) to each side of the utility line, and what is deemed necessary by Benton County Electric Operations, as indicated on the drawing.
All facilities will remain the property of Benton County Electric System.
The Benton County Board of Public Utilities will install single phase overhead
primary line extensions without charge if the primary length does not exceed 300 feet.
For primary lines in excess of 300 feet, the cost to the customer requesting the line
extension will be $4.75 (four dollars and seventy-five cents) per foot.
The Benton County Board of Public Utilities will install three phases overhead
primary line extension without charge if the primary length does not exceed 300 feet. For
three phase primary lines in excess of 300 feet, the cost to the customer requesting the
line extension will be $9.00 (nine dollars) per foot. The Electric system will provide the necessary size transformers and service.
If a customer requests a three-phase primary extension in excess of 300 feet where
there presently exists a single-phase line, the charge to the customer will be $9.00 (nine dollars) per foot.
The Benton County Board of Public Utilities will provide up to a 15 KVA Single Phase Transformer and service to serve a permanent customer with the service not to exceed 200 feet in length. Services to a conventionally built dwelling unit to be occupied as a primary residence will be a 120-240 volt, 3 wire, single phase service. Please see below for larger transformer pricing.
- 25 KVA Overhead $150.00 (one hundred fifty dollars)
- Greater than 25 KVA Single Phase or Bank will be at current market value minus a standard 15 KVA overhead transformer (value $1,000.00-one thousand dollars)
- Refer to Policy 20, Policy on Three Phase Transformer Banks